External Training Providers
The below training is provided by external providers.
Building Prospects Workshops
Do you have questions about future careers, how to find the role you are passionate about and what jobs can be accessible to you? If so, Building Prospects is for you!
Building Prospects is a 2-week series of workshops that will boost your employability skills. We will be covering topics such as how to search for jobs, how to make the most of your transferrable skills, how to get reasonable adjustments and technology in the workplace, and how best to self-advocate. We hope you will finish the workshops with a clearer idea of what you can achieve in the future.
Who: For all visually impaired students, aged 13 – 18
When: 3rd April 2023 – 14th April 2023
Contact: If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com and sign up for the workshop here: https://form.jotform.com/230182217931046
Building Prospects workshops will cover the following:
- Finding your passion- this is a reflective workshop designed to help young people discover their interests and what they want to do for employment.
- Transferable skills- exploring what skills they currently have and how this will be helpful in their employment and education journey.
- Interview skills- explores how to prepare for employment.
- Reasonable adjustments- explore reasonable adjustments that will enable you to access more opportunities on your employment journey.
- Self-advocacy- creates awareness of how-to self-advocate and builds their confidence to represent themselves to receive the reasonable adjustments/ support they need in education and employment.
The workshop will occur on the following dates below:
Monday, 3rd April 2023
Tuesday 4th April 2023
Wednesday, 5th April 2023
Thursday, 13th April 2023
Friday 14th April 2023
Contact: If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up here: https://form.jotform.com/230182217931046