Referring a child or young person to CENMAC?
- Permission must be sought from the child or young person’s home LA for funding before CENMAC can assess them, so think of this as a “grant” application – give as much information as you can. It will help the LA make a decision and CENMAC to arrive at the assessment well informed.
- Your completed form is sent to the LA as part of the request for funding so what you say is important.
- Please explain the difficulties the child or young person is having and let us know what has already been tried.
- Remember CENMAC is an advice and support service and not just a loan library.
- Complete the form as fully as possible. It may mean asking others for information to complete all questions.
- Make sure that the supporting information requested (EHCP, IEP, OT, SALT, VI, HI reports and handwriting/drawing sample as applicable) are included with the form. If any of the above are inappropriate please say so on the form.
- You can now complete the Referral Form here.
- Ensure the Referral Form is signed by your Headteacher.
Once permission to assess has been obtained, the CENMAC Advisory Teacher will contact school and arrange an appointment to carry out the assessment. Any adult working with the pupil is welcome to attend the assessment.
If you have any questions about the referral you wish to make or the referral procedure please do not hesitate to contact CENMAC on 020 8249 6844 (ext. 401) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals for a Southwark, Merton or Wandsworth child/young person
If you need to make a referral for a Southwark, Merton or Wandsworth based child or young person, please email the LA directly requesting you would like CENMAC involvement (please copy CENMAC email@example.com). The LA will then send you a referral form.
Contact Southwark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Merton: email@example.com
Contact Wandsworth: firstname.lastname@example.org
Referrals for a Kingston/Richmond-Upon-Thames child/young person
If you are wanting to make a referral for a Kingston/Richmond child/young person, please email the CENMAC referral form directly to the appropriate EHCP Co-ordinator at Achieving for Children and cc it to CENMAC at email@example.com.