Access to ICT for pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties.
This course is designed for people working in special or mainstream schools who are working with people with SLD or PMLD and who would like to know more about access to ICT.
Pupils with severe or multiple difficulties need alternative access to ICT activities. ICT can also provide very interesting and strong stimuli and a response which pupils may not be able to get elsewhere.
This course will include:
- An overview of equipment that may be useful.
- Criteria for choosing responses and input devices.
- Cause and effect.
- Moving on from cause and effect.
- Control of mains-operated equipment.
- Sensory rooms.
- Alternatives to mouse and keyboard input.
- Communication aids.
Contact us for more details: email@example.com